Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"The truth shall set you free"

"The truth shall set you free"

How many times have you heard this phrase?

It seams to pour over with faith based tones. Well, it should.

Its from the Bible. John 8:32 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

No matter what ones beliefs are, something resonates into a daily life lesson with this phrase.

It’s a mantra that could possibly lead you to your truth.

Speak the truth, live the truth, be your truth, be dedicated to your truth!

Have you not found your truth yet? That’s because you’ve been lying to yourself and you don’t know what the truth is.

Start by discontinuing the lies you tell yourself. Telling stories in your own head of loneliness, insecurity and want, perpetuates those into tangible displays of loneliness, insecurity and want.

How many times have you wanted to ask a person out on a date, or wanted to save up for a new residence, wanted to change your wellness habits, wanted to have a long needed conversation with a distant friend or family member? Have you talked yourself out of it? “I cant afford good quality food”, “She never liked me in school, I’m sure she wont want to see me when I’m in Chicago next week”, “he looks like a nice guy, but he’s so handsome, he wouldn’t give me the time of day”, “I want to move to better place but I’m stuck where I am”, “ I cant go to the gym because I need to get this report done for my manager”

Do any of these sound familiar?

We talk ourselves out of making changes in life, we become complacent in our misery, our routine, our pattern, our budget etc…When in fact each of us has the power to change our story by telling ourselves the truth.

The lies we tell ourselves and others become our truth, they become our walls of protection, but also our walls of detainment. Being blocked in by lies is not fun. One lie leads to another and another and so on, until we don’t know what our truth is. If you want to feel and see an immediate change in your life…..STOP LYING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments.
Please keep them honest and respectful.